We’re hiring for a Production Operative to join a worldwide manufacturing company based in Openshaw, Tameside. With 10 sites across the globe, they are recognised in the industry due to their innovation and bespoke high-quality products. The purpose of your role will be to support the operations within the machine shop to ensure that production demands are met and quality is always maintained.
What’s on offer?
- £10 per hour
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm / 12:00 pm finish on Fridays
- Opportunities for overtime
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays (rising with length of service)
- Company pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Full training progression plan and company paid FLT license
What will you be doing as a Production Operative?
- Working as a supportive team, unloading and receipting material
- Material preparation and kitting of material to works orders
- Part finishing and packing of products in a timely manner
- Producing and inspecting components to standards and to drawings
- Removing swarf and general maintenance of machines
- Deburring or polishing of machined parts
- Producing parts to drawing and within specifications to assist with production
What do you need?
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within a production / warehouse / workshop environment
- GCSE in English and Maths
- Basic IT skills (Excel, Outlook)
- The ability to read and understand drawings & a great eye for detail
- The ability to communicate efficiently
- A proactive and positive attitude
- A good understanding of mechanical processes and practices
What’s nice to have?
- 2+ years working in a Machine Shop environment
- Previous use of Epicor
- Experience with manual machine tools
- A valid FLT Licence / previous experience
This role can offer you the progression you may be looking for in your career and you’ll be joining a very supportive company who care about developing and training their workforce. If you’re interested in joining an internationally recognised electronics manufacturer then apply today for consideration or speak with Carla at KPJ Group for more information.