We’re hiring for a Production Operative to join a global manufacturer of automotive products based in Chapel-en-le-Frith, High Peak. Upon starting, you’ll be working predominantly in the packing department, carrying out quality checks and preparing goods ready for dispatch, but you’ll also have the opportunity to move into other areas of the business.
What’s on offer?
- £11.17 per hour + overtime
- Hours: Monday – Friday 6:00am – 2:00pm / 2:00pm – 10:00pm / 10:00pm – 6:00am (three shift rotation)
- Canteen on site – hot & cold food
- Free onsite parking
- Full PPE provided
- Ongoing contract – leading to a permanent role for the right person
What will you be doing as a Production Operative?
- Packing goods initially, you’ll then move onto one of the many machine processes for finishing of the company’s products
- Shadowing a trained operative to aid you if any problems were to arise
- Packing up products to ensure they are presentable and using pump trucks to move pallets around the factory
- Working to KPI’s you will be tasked with monitoring hourly production numbers and updating hourly records
- Being aware of surroundings at all times as FLT’s are highly present on site
What do you need?
- Excellent attention to detail – experience working in quality control or similar would be advantageous
- Good awareness of surroundings due to a fast past, busy environment
- Good punctuality and a willingness to learn
If you’re interested in joining a well-established company on an on-going contract, then apply today for consideration or speak with Symon at KPJ Group for more information.