£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
We’re hiring for a Project Engineer to join a niche engineering firm based in the Glossop area. The company work with a variety of industries including the food & drink, pharmaceutical, nuclear and automotive sectors, and your role will involve ensuring the timely and reliable completion of projects.
As part of a close-knit team at their head office, you’ll be joining at an exciting stage of the company’s growth. With this being a hands-on role, it would suite someone who is well organised with an engineering background and wants to be involved in project management. This could be an exciting steppingstone for a good designer who wants to now develop their project management expertise.
What’s on offer?
- £30,000 – £35,000 per annum
- Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (flexible)
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company car & fuel card
- Company devices: laptop & mobile
- Company credit card
- Working away allowances
- Training opportunities
- Growing, stable company – supportive management
What will you be doing as a Project Engineer?
- Ensuring that assigned projects are delivered on-time, meet specification and are fulfilled within budget – The main tools involved are CRM, SolidWorks, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office 365
- The early part of the project is design intensive, then moving into procurement and supplier management, delivery and finally installation and commissioning
- Leading the detailed design of the system, supporting team members as required (typically design draughtsmen, commissioning engineers etc)
- Liaising with the Project Manager as required for guidance on standard approaches or technically challenging aspects
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with third parties/vendors
- Managing changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs including keeping clear records of approved variations with client
- Reporting of progress against the project plan, budget and milestones
- Escalation of concerns to management especially in areas impacting risk
- Coordinating project closure, snagging and client SAT
What do you need?
- At least three years’ experience within the engineering industry, or in an SME manufacturing operation
- HNC/HND or Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Experience of using Microsoft Office 365
- The ability to comprehend the way a project environment works
- Organisational and influencing skills
If you’re interested in this opportunity to join a highly successful engineering company and be part of their growth, then apply now for consideration or speak with Josh at KPJ Group for more information.