£40,000 - £43,000 per annum
We’re hiring for a Quality Engineer to join a skilled and experienced workforce at an ultra-modern manufacturing facility based in Stockport. With more than a century of engineering experience under their belt they have long been a pioneer of innovation, and with employees being at the heart of their business, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced auditor to join their team.
As the Quality Engineer, your role will be to provide quality support to the Senior Management team ensuring that the Company adheres to customer requirements, relevant standards and accreditations.
What’s on offer?
- £40,000 – £43,000 per annum
- Monday – Thursday 7:45 am – 4:15 pm / Friday 12:45 pm finish (37 hours per week)
- Job stability and progression (10+ year multi-million-pound contracts)
- Onsite parking and canteen
- Unionised workplace
- Hands on and supportive management
- Travel to Munich
What will you be doing as a Quality Engineer?
- To transfer the knowledge and learning of the Assembly, Integration and Test quality process from their parent company – this will require travel to their site in Munich learning the existing processes
- To understand customer requirements to develop, implement and monitor effective quality assurance and control processes to improve and maintain the quality of products and processes as part of the management team
- Assist with the setting of requirements for raw material and intermediate products from suppliers and assist with the monitoring of compliance
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Quality Processes with demonstrable experience of quality tools and techniques such as Design failure mode and effect analysis (DFMEA), Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) etc
- Conducting internal and external audits, reporting of non-compliance including scrap, re-work & first off success rate
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Company Quality Management System (QMS) in conjunction with other departmental managers as appropriate
- Assist with the maintenance of the Quality System Manual, development and control of all Quality Department Procedures together with the management of the Company’s Quality Documentation System
- Assisting with certifying conformance of company products on release to the customer
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
What do you need?
- Extensive experience in a quality assurance environment required
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering/quality degree is preferred
- Extensive working knowledge of continuous improvement techniques such as 8D, 6 Sigma and 5S
- Qualified internal auditor
- Experience of heavy manufacturing would be an advantage
- Proven track record in driving continuous improvement activities
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and other relevant accreditations
- In-depth experience and understanding of quality control procedures, and standards
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Experienced in capability studies, R&R studies and statistical analysis
If you’re interested in joining a skilled engineering team at a leading manufacturer who are well-known for their engineering excellence, strong heritage and high-quality engineering, then apply today for consideration or speak with Josh at KPJ Group for more information.