£40,000 - £43,000 per annum
We’re hiring for a Quality Engineer to join a skilled and experienced workforce at an ultra-modern manufacturing facility based in Stockport. With more than a century of engineering experience under their belt they have long been a pioneer of innovation, and with employees being at the heart of their business, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced auditor to join their team.
The purpose of your role will be to provide Quality support to the Company’s Senior Management team ensuring that the Company adheres to customer requirements, relevant standards and accreditations.
What’s on offer?
- £40,000 – £43,000 per annum
- Monday – Thursday 7:45 am – 4:15 pm / Friday 12:45 pm finish (37 hours per week)
- Job stability and progression (10+ year multi-million-pound contracts)
- Onsite parking and canteen
- Unionised workplace
- Hands on and supportive management
- Travel opportunities to Hamburg
What will you be doing as a Quality Engineer?
- Supporting the fabrication quality process and assisting with the transfer of knowledge from the parent company to the Stockport site. This may will require infrequent travel to the site in Hamburg
- Understanding customer requirements to develop, implement and monitor effective quality assurance and control processes to improve and maintain the quality of products and processes as part of the management team
- Devising and reviewing specifications for products and processes
- Assisting with the setting of requirements for raw material and intermediate products from suppliers and assist with the monitoring of compliance
- Resolving quality problems by applying problem solving techniques to fully utilise manufacturing opportunities
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Quality Processes with demonstrable experience of quality tools and techniques such as Design failure mode and effect analysis (DFMEA), Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) etc
- Conducting internal and external audits, reporting of non-compliance including scrap, re-work & first off success rate
- Providing proactive support and judgement on product quality to production teams
- Assisting with the development and implementation of the Company Quality Management System (QMS) in conjunction with other departmental managers as appropriate
- Assisting with the maintenance of the Quality System Manual, development and control of all Quality Department Procedures together with the management of the Company’s Quality Documentation System
- Formal reviewing of, and authority, in conjunction with Design Department, to disposition non-conforming items. Responsibility for control of non-conforming items and Corrective Action Systems
What do you need?
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering/quality degree
- Extensive knowledge of continuous improvement techniques (8D, 6 Sigma and 5S)
- Qualified internal auditor
- R&R studies
- Capability studies
- Statistical analysis
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Focused and target driven with a positive, can-do attitude
If you’re interested in joining a skilled engineering team at a leading manufacturer who are well-known for their engineering excellence, strong heritage and high-quality engineering, then apply today for consideration or speak with Josh at KPJ Group for more information.