£20,000 - £30,000 per annum + Commission
We’re hiring for an ambitious and energetic Sales Consultant to join a dynamic and professional media consultancy based in Ashton-under-Lyne. Boasting over 150 years in the industry, they have a strong client base across Tameside and the surrounding areas and you’ll be joining a vibrant team where you’ll act as a key component in ensuring the continued growth of the company.
Using your robust and engaging sales skills, you’ll be expected to build trusted relationships with key accounts across the local community and develop your market intelligence in relation to what will be happening and when. The role is predominantly phone based, however there is scope for this role to transition into a field based business development role in time.
What’s on offer?
- £20,000 – £30,000 + generous commission
- Flexi-hours between 8am-6pm Monday – Friday (36 hours per week)
- Definite room for growth and progression
- Full and ongoing training & development
- A fun and lively work culture with regular team events, incentives and social activities
What will you be doing as a Sales Consultant?
- Contacting new and existing customers to sell advertising space across a variety of media
- Converting and upselling inbound orders, phone enquiries, website enquiries, and qualifying and closing sales appointments with potential customers
- Undertaking demand generation, mostly via telephone, but also via social media and events; you will also be responsible for nurturing and closing opportunities throughout the entire sales process
- Serving as the expert for your local market with a consultative approach to sales
- Building market intelligence in relation to what will be happening and when, to enable new business to be obtained and closed in a timely manner
- Utilising all available means to perform effective research in the initial development and on-going maintenance of potential customers
- Accurately updating the internal CRM, and providing synopses of qualified sales appointments
What do you need?
- A minimum of 2 years B2B telesales experience, ideally with a cold networking or cold calling background
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths & English A*- C
- The ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with new clients
- Any previous experience or understanding of media / radio / events is a plus
- Good at planning / organisation with the ability to prioritise workload
- Confident, likeable, engaging, with gravitas and good business knowledge
- Robust & highly professional, not simply a lead generator but a closer
- Excellent presentation skills, and the ability to engage with clients at all levels
If you’re someone who delivers to consistently high standards, is passionate about closing leads and would be interested in joining a supportive team where you’ll be given the freedom to develop your own style, apply today for consideration or speak with Carla at KPJ Group for more information on 0161 249 8120.