We’re hiring for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a skilled and experienced workforce at an ultra-modern manufacturing facility based in Stockport. With more than a century of engineering experience under their belt they have long been a pioneer of innovation, and with employees being at the heart of their business, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced auditor to join their team.
The purpose of your role will be to ensure technical performance standards are maintained and to deliver mechanical system designs that meet customer specifications and regulatory needs.
What’s on offer?
- £60,000 per annum
- Monday – Thursday 7:45 am – 4:15 pm / Friday 12:45 pm finish (37 hours per week)
- Job stability and progression (10+ year multi-million-pound contracts)
- Onsite parking and canteen
- Unionised workplace
- Hands on and supportive management
What will you be doing as a Senior Mechanical Engineer?
- Working in conjunction with designers to develop design solutions
- Preparing technical documents such as specifications, reports, manuals, procedures etc.
- Interpreting technical specifications, checking drawings, and undertaking hardware development and testing
- Compiling, authorising, and checking technical documents and testing specifications
- Liaising with suppliers and acting as the representative at customer review meetings
- Managing engineering projects and project teams – setting daily tasks, controlling workload, monitoring progress.
- Apply Engineering Governance to project portfolio.
- Providing support for the production, test and field engineering teams, and supporting the sales team with bids and quotations
What do you need?
- Substantial experience in design, testing, development, and fault finding of mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Qualified to Degree level in relevant engineering subject
- Medium to heavy engineering experience
- Understanding of the behaviour of large welded and bolted mechanical structures
- Proven experience in the design of systems from original concept design, produced from a specification, through to production in a Lead role.
- Hands-on 3D CAD design expertise
- Knowledge of Access and Teamcenter advantageous
- An understanding of electrical control systems and electrical schematics beneficial
- Experience managing projects & small multi-discipline engineering teams
- Highly organised and methodical approach, with an eye for detail
- Full UK driving license
- Willingness to travel on occasion as required
If you’re interested in joining a skilled engineering team at a leading manufacturer who are well-known for their engineering excellence, strong heritage and high-quality engineering, then apply today for consideration or speak with Josh at KPJ Group for more information.