We’re hiring for an experienced Sheet Metal Worker to join a robust and reputable engineering firm based in Oldham. Specialising in an extensive range of professional services including sheet metal work, steel fabrication, welding, plant installation and removals, they are well-known in the industry for their high-quality products and excellent customer service.
What’s on offer?
- Up to £15 per hour dependant on experience
- Monday to Thursday 7am – 4pm / 11am finish on Fridays
- Overtime after 40 hours at x1.5
- Full-time permanent job
- Free onsite parking
What will you be doing as a Sheet Metal Worker?
- Producing bespoke goods for the commercial, industrial, architectural and retail sectors
- Helping to manufacture stainless steel tanks, conveyors, ventilation systems and hoppers
- Developing and marking out sheet metal fabrications from drawings including square to rounds, ‘U’ trough and circular conveyor casings
- Fabricating and welding from 18Swg up to 6mm thick
- Removing any distortion caused during the welding process and advising of appropriate welding techniques where necessary
- Carrying out dimension and quality checks at key stages throughout the manufacturing process
- Occasionally you will be tasked with carrying out installations and repairs on customer sites
What do you need?
- Strong sheet metal and fabrication knowledge
- Must have your own hand tools (power tools provided)
- The ability to create fine tolerance sheet metal components
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Self-motivated with the right attitude and problem-solving abilities
- A pro-active approach and the willingness to support your colleagues
What’s nice to have?
- Valid CSCS card
- City & Guilds Qualification or equivalent
If you’re interested in joining a skilled engineering team to help manufacture a variety of bespoke goods, then apply today for consideration or speak with Gail at KPJ Group for more information.