£24,000 - £30,000 per annum
We’re hiring for a Skilled Wireman to join a leading electronics manufacturer based in Poynton, Stockport, who serve world-class customers in high-reliability industries. The right Wireman will be capable of completing the build of a control panel from start to finish to a high standard.
This is fantastic opportunity for a skilled, time-served, hardworking Wireman to join a busy and fast-paced team working on a number of interesting and rewarding projects on a 6-month fixed term contract.
What’s on offer?
- £24,000 – £30,000 per annum
- Flexible working hours of 37 hours across 4.5 days a week
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Company Pension Scheme
- Health Cash Back Scheme
- Death in service scheme
- Range of discounts across cinemas / retail / motoring / gym membership etc.
What will you be doing as a Wireman?
- Looming and routing of single core cables e.g. 30awg – 12awg
- Using crimp tools and being able to identify which tool is correct for the crimp
- Connector terminations – RF, data, power, semi rigid (forming and termination)
- Multi pin connectors (e.g. 15 way d-type) including EMC protection
- Basic cabling connector to connector 15 way or less basic looming 10 wires and less, basic soldering (d-type) connectors, crimping of ring crimp
- Slip rings, cables with junctions, splices (soldered and crimped), solder sleeves, connector up to 55 way, multi core cables crimping with DMC, Huber + Suhner, Molex style of pliers
- Rack assemblies with fixed units, wiring basic racks, RF wiring, fibre optic wiring
- Assembly and wiring of racks with withdrawable units, fitting of waveguide connectors
What do you need?
- Time-served experience in the above skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A good level of dexterity
- A hardworking approach
- UK security clearance required
With a longstanding history of providing bespoke SATCOM RF products used within the defence and aerospace sectors, this is a great time to join a supportive engineering team at a specialist site in Poynton. Apply today for consideration or speak with Josh at KPJ Group for more information.