We’re hiring for a Storesperson to join an established electronics manufacturer based in Manchester in order to handle & move materials from supplier through to manufacturing, and right through to dispatch. Joining the team initially on a 12-month fixed term contract, you will be part of a welcoming warehouse environment and will need experience operating a forklift truck.
What’s on offer?
- £10.00 per hour
- Monday to Thursday – 8:00am to 4:30pm /Friday 8:00am to 12:45pm
- 12-month fixed term contract
- Free on-site parking
What will you be doing as a Stores Operative?
- Booking of serialised & non-serialised parts ‘to stock’ via receipt entry using the company’s ERP systems
- Transfer of materials from the loading bay to goods inward area
- The verification that the supplied quantity and part supplied are correct
- Transfer of RMA materials to inspection
- Pick components for kits from defined locations using HHT’s
- Transfer of parts using HHT’s from the machine shop output bins to the raw materials stores for put away or finished goods for despatch to subcontractors
- Counting of specific stores inventory on an on-going cyclical basis dependent upon value & usage
- Moving bulky & heavy items using the forklift truck
- Packing & consolidation of customer orders into appropriate despatch cartons
What do you need?
- 2+ years’ experience working in a fast-moving stores environment
- Valid counterbalance licence
- Experience using handheld terminals (HHTs), use of PC’s & label printers
- Material handling experience
- Compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Flexible attitude to working- this role may require you to work unsociable hours during stock takes or when stores locations are being rearranged.
- NVQ 3 qualification or higher
- Knowledge of electronic, electrical & mechanical components
If you have experience working in a stores environment and are available for a 12-month contract then apply today or speak with our team for more information – we look forward to hearing from you!