£40,000 - £50,000 per annum
We’re hiring for a Technical Estimator to join a market leading fire protection company based in Northwich, Cheshire. With more than 30 years in the industry, they have worked successfully with both direct clients and main contractors of all sizes – providing manufacturer-approved and bespoke solutions.
This is a newly created position to support the growth plans of the business for its range of bespoke solutions in the UK market. This is an ideal position for a hands-on estimator who wishes to apply their business acumen and expertise within a high-growth specialist.
What’s on offer?
- £40,000 – £50,000 per annum
- Flexible working hours between core business hour Monday – Friday
- 20 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- 5 working days’ sick pay
- Fuel car
What will you be doing as a Technical Estimator?
- Preparing tenders for application to the leading industrial sectors, such as housing associations and construction projects, working closely with architects, specifiers and main contractors
- Using information from surveys and liaising with suppliers to price projects
- Visiting sites to develop an understanding of the works required
- Liaising with the Contracts Managers and Sales team to ensure works run smoothly and efficiently
- Attending pre-contract meetings and liaising with clients where necessary
- Representing the company while developing business relationships
What do you need?
- A technical knowledge of passive fire protection and fire doors is essential
- A minimum of five years’ experience working within the Passive Fire Protection sector
- A good level of understanding of current Fire legislation and standards along with the various types of systems available and in use within the sector
- Excellent relationship building skills and extensive experience of business-to-business consultation up to senior executive level, delivering high value contracts via the tender, proposal and presentation process
- A focused team player with strong business acumen; able to make a significant contribution to the team and organisational strategy
- Extensive experience of contractual negotiation, tenders and terms
- A proven track record in major pricing discussions with clients
- A passion to grow the business
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills
What’s nice to have?
- A graduate of Estimating professional calibre, with a consistent career history gained within a specialist market in the Construction/Building/Architectural Materials or Fire Protection Solutions sectors
If you’re an experienced estimator with a proven track record of success, are energetic, enthusiastic, with a real passion to develop a high performing team, then we’d love to hear from you. Apply today for consideration or speak with Adam at KPJ Group for more information.