Do you have both a C1 driving and a counterbalance licence and would be interested in a varied warehouse role at a welcoming freight company?
We are now hiring for an experienced Warehouse Operative to join a family run freight company based in Rochdale. The company have been established for over 30 year and have depots across the UK and Ireland, collecting goods daily from the Staffordshire, Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire areas.
This company are growing and they are looking for someone with the relevant warehouse experience and knowledge to help them with their continued success.
What’s on offer?
- £9.50 per hour
- Hours of work: 10:30am – 7:00/7:30pm Monday – Friday (1-hour paid lunch break)
- Supportive management and a teamwork culture
What will you be doing as a Warehouse Operative?
- Operating forklift trucks and mechanical handling equipment, you will help to load and unload delivery vehicles and re-palletise materials as required
- When required, using the company van to make collections locally
- Placing goods correctly into storage areas to ensure that stock is stored to allow safe storage, lifting and lowering
- Providing information and communicating with the operations team and drivers
- Ensuring the workplace is kept clean and all floor hazards are removed from the workspace immediately, e.g. pallets, loose equipment, discarded items and spills
- Ensuring all freight damages and potential damages are reported to management
What do you need?
- A minimum of 6 months experience in a warehouse environment with knowledge and experience of groupage loading
- A counterbalance forklift truck licence
- A clean C1 driving licence (7.5 tonne)
- Good literacy & numeracy skills with the ability to interpret and complete paperwork
- An excellent work ethic and a stable employment history
- Must be a team-player, with a positive and friendly attitude
If you are interested in developing your existing warehouse skills as part of a long-standing team at a specialised freight company, then apply now or speak with Symon on 01457 861511 for more information. Apply Now