£25,000 - £30,000 per annum
We’re hiring for an experienced Welder / Fabricator to join an engineering manufacturer in Openshaw, Tameside. Based at their modern, state of the art workshop, you will be responsible for manufacturing large lifting machinery and safety equipment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated Skilled Welder/Fabricator, who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding engineering firm.
What’s on offer?
- £25,000 – £30,000 per annum (flexible depending on experience)
- Monday to Thursday 8:00 am – 4:45 pm / 3:30 pm finish on Fridays
- Friendly, laid back environment; unlimited brews
- The opportunity to develop – lots of progression levels
- Job security – market leading manufacturer
What will you be doing as a Welder Fabricator?
- Carrying out the manufacture and refurbishment to plant, assemblies and equipment from the production area, ensuring each item specification is met
- Using hand tools, pistol drills, riveters, MIG / TIG / Stick welders, guiltiness, folders, press brakes etc.
- Ensuring accurate fabrication of all components to engineering drawings
- Repairing immediately, or as soon as practical, all defects found either personally, with the assistance of other team members or Service Engineer/Leading Hand
What do you need?
- 3+ years welding experience in either MIG/TIG/Stick
- Excellent fabrication skills with experience in fabricating small and medium sized assembles, using fabrication machinery such as press brakes / cutters / grinders / guillotines etc.
- Mechanical assembly experience (any prior exposure to cranes / hoists would be ideal)
- Ideally be able to weld all material types and thicknesses – must be able to weld from 1mm up to 12mm mild steel
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, driven and self-motivated approach to your work with a desire to learn and develop your skills
If you’re an enthusiastic and reliable person looking to advance your engineering career with a leading manufacturing company in Greater Manchester, then apply today for consideration or speak with Adam at KPJ Group for more information on 0161 249 8120.