We’re hiring for a Welder Fabricator to join a specialist fabrication company based in the High Peak to help manufacture specialist food grade equipment as part of a small engineering team. This is a great opportunity to join a close-knit, friendly, hard-working team, where you’ll be tasked with fabricating and welding steel from 2mm to 15mm in thickness.
What’s on offer?
- £12.00 – £13.00 per hour
- Standard working hours: 8am – 4:45 Monday-Thursday / 1:45 finish on Fridays
- Ongoing contract leading to a permanent role for the right person
- Overtime available for off-site work on Saturday Mornings
- Career progression
What will you be doing as a Welder Fabricator?
- Working with light/medium steel you will fabricate a range of bespoke equipment
- As part of the engineering team you’ll ensure that new products are manufactured to specification and that jigs are created to assist with this
- Following drawings produced by the engineering department – you will be expected to feed back discrepancies to them, should any occur
- Occasionally you will need to use the press break to bend materials to the job
What do you need?
- Around 5 years’ welding & fabrication experience
- Experience with general cutting, forming of sheet & sections
- The ability to fabricate from drawings with minimal supervision
- MIG welding experience on steel from 2mm to 15mm
- Own transport preferred due to rural location
- Flexible regarding overtime when required
What’s nice to have?
- City and Guilds or equivalent
- MEWP experience
- Sitework experience
- Coded or previously coded
- Some experience of pipework
If you’re an experienced Welder Fabricator and would be interested in joining a specialist engineering firm to assist them with their projects then apply now or speak with Josh at KPJ Group for more information.