We’re hiring for a Welder to join a skilled and experienced workforce at an ultra-modern manufacturing facility based in Stockport. With more than a century of engineering experience under their belt they have long been a pioneer of innovation, and with employees being at the heart of their business, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Welder to join their team.
What’s on offer?
- £18.38 per hour
- Monday – Thursday 7:00am – 3:30pm (early finish on Fridays)
- 4-6 weeks training scheme that will see you gain your codings
- Attractive pension scheme (7% employer 4 % employee)
- Job stability and progression (10+ year multi-million-pound contracts)
- Onsite parking and canteen
- Unionised workplace
- Hands on and supportive management
What will you be doing as a Welder?
- Complying with the Environmental, Health and Safety Policy and identify health and safety hazards prior to the commencement of work
- Reporting via approved Maintenance Reporting Procedures any equipment fault or unusual occurrence
- Welding using Mig / MAG / TIG / Stick and other welding processes
- Using drawings, planning fabrication and weld procedures to complete all tasks and ensure through visual inspection that the welded finished component conforms to the drawing and planning specification and is in line with the European specification
- Using hand tools and the appropriate measuring instruments to the task
- Completing European re-qualification of welder approval tests on a regular basis
- Ensuring personal safety and the safety of all other employees is not compromised by their actions and to apply all applicable safety requirements to comply with the regulatory agencies
What do you need?
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Previous experience with MIG Aluminium Welding
- Minimum of grade C in English and Maths at GCSE or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of key production processes and procedures
- The ability to meet deadlines, be flexible, dependable and time conscious and to work with minimum supervision
- Team worker and ability to work under own initiative
- Accurate and consistent performer with an eye for detail
- Ability to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions
If you’re interested in joining a skilled engineering team at a leading manufacturer who are well-known for their engineering excellence, strong heritage and high-quality engineering, then apply today for consideration or speak with Gabby at KPJ Group for more information on 0161 249 8120.