We’re hiring for a Welder to join a skilled and experienced workforce at an ultra-modern manufacturing facility based in Stockport. With more than a century of engineering experience under their belt they have long been a pioneer of innovation, and with employees being at the heart of their business, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Welder to join their team.
What’s on offer?
- £30,000 per annum (£15.45 per hour)
- Monday – Thursday 7:45 am – 4:15 pm / Friday 12:45 pm finish (37 hours per week)
- 4-6 weeks training scheme that will see you gain your codings
- Job stability and progression (10+ year multi-million-pound contracts)
- Onsite parking and canteen
- Unionised workplace
- Hands on and supportive management
What will you be doing as a Welder?
- Working in a heavy engineering environment manufacturing goods using MIG / MAG / TIG / Stick and other welding processes
- Using drawings, planning fabrication and welding procedures to complete all tasks ensuring through visual inspection that the welded finished component conforms to the drawing and planning specification and is in line with the European specification
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work area as required and conducting your daily duties in a highly professional manner
- Complying with the Health & Safety Policy by identifying hazards prior to the commencement of work
- Reporting via approved Maintenance Reporting Procedures any equipment fault or unusual occurrence
What do you need?
- Recognised time served apprenticeship in a Welding or relevant discipline
- Practical welding experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- Experience working with aluminium would be an advantage
- Knowledge of key production processes and procedures
- The ability to meet deadlines, be flexible, dependable and time conscious and to work with minimum supervision
If you’re interested in joining a skilled engineering team at a leading manufacturer who are well-known for their engineering excellence, strong heritage and high-quality engineering, then apply today for consideration or speak with Josh at KPJ Group for more information on 0161 249 8120.